B. Find out the meaning of the given word in the sentence. Note the way it is used. Write the answer on the blank. a.
1. Dr. Korina is a scientist. She has done many experiments to find a cure for different diseases. Scientist means A person who teaches small children b. A person who governs the nation A person who conducts scientific research to advance knowledge
2. Dimple is a novice. It is her first time attending school. Novice means C. a. beginner b. old c. experienced
3. Father gave Joy a new tablet. Mary got envious of her sister. Envious refers to a. happy b. jealous c. excited
4. Doctors saw progress on the condition of the patient. She is getting well every day. Progress means a. improvement b. deterioratec. worsen
5. Medical staff works hard to help alleviate sufferings of COVID-19 patients. Alleviate refers to a. aggravate b. reduce c add